The Business Development (BD) manager assists B.O.T in creating new opportunities by attracting new clients and promoting new services on the digital platform and other digital technology solutions. They build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close deals, and maintain extensive knowledge of current market needs in Lebanon, Jordan, and the Gulf.
As a Business Development manager, he/she will be responsible for expanding the company’s presence in the Gulf region by identifying and securing new business opportunities within the AI, ML, and data annotation sectors. This role requires a deep understanding of the local market, strong networking skills, and a track record of successful business development.
Business Development & Sales
- Develops and executes a strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand the customer base.
- Conducts market research and identifies potential prospects, building and maintaining the prospects database.
- Manages the Sales and Customer Service teams to meet sales goals through direct coaching and supervision.
- Actively identifies and tracks collaboration, partnership, or funding opportunities by initiating contacts with relevant stakeholders.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new services and identifying future opportunities.
- Tracks and records sales activity on accounts, spearheading the closing of deals to meet company sales targets.
- Forecasts and regularly monitors sales targets, ensuring they are met by the team.
- Identifies Tenders ,RFPs and leads the development of the bid submission.
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information with a focus on the internal Team’s input from their clients’ interaction.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future service lines by reviewing specifications and requirements, appraising new service ideas while analyzing costs.
- Assesses market competition through regular competitive analysis
Gulf AI Market
- Market Analysis: Conducts research on the AI and ML landscape in the Gulf to identify potential clients, industry trends, and market opportunities.
- Client Acquisition: Identifies and engages potential clients in target industries, including automotive, communication, education, energy, health, industrial, public sector, transportation, retail, and consumer goods.
- Relationship Building: Establishes and nurtures relationships with key stakeholders, decision-makers, and industry influencers to generate leads and partnerships.
- Strategic Planning: Develops and executes strategic business plans tailored to the Gulf market, including identifying growth areas and setting revenue targets.
Experience, Skills & Competencies, Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (business, marketing, computer science, AI, etc.)
- Proven experience of 5+ years in business development, sales, or related roles preferably in the KSA market.
- Strong understanding of AI, ML, data annotation, and related technologies is a must.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in both Arabic and English.
- A track record of meeting or exceeding business development targets.
- Cultural awareness and the ability to adapt to the Gulf business practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM tools.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic startup environment.
- An Existing network and connections in the Gulf business community are preferable.
- A passion for using technology to make a positive impact on society
Communication: (Internal and External): Main stakeholders are the clients and team members.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: Work from the office if present in Lebanon
Application Process: Interested candidates to complete the google form by March 30, 2024.